The Early Career Committee is looking for participants in the “Early Career Journal of Cardiac Failure (JCF) Mentoring Program.” Are you interested in improving writing and editing skills for academic articles, or learning more about the publication process for academic journals and research articles? Become a mentee and be paired with a local mentor and the JCF Associate Editors to learn all about the editorial process.
Here is a brief glimpse of what the mentorship will entail:
- Sit in on monthly JCF calls for observation and discussion about current JCF issues
- Assigned a set number of JCF manuscripts to review
- Guided by JCF Associate Editors and local mentor on how to effectively peer review a manuscript.
Our expectations are as follows:
- Willingness to provide timely reviews (5-10 day turnaround)
- Up to two reviews a month
- Attendance at the monthly conference calls
- Attendance at the annual editorial meeting (during the HFSA) in person or by phone
After the program is complete, the mentee will be considered for placement on the JCF Editorial Board.
If interested, please fill out the attached application by December 15th to be considered for this program. All applications should be submitted to email@example.com. Please include your CV with your application.
If you have any questions, please contact the HFSA office at 301-312-8635 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.