HFSA Supports and Helped Develop the New Uniform Application and Selection Process for Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Fellowship Applicants
- As part of the Medical Specialties Matching Program.
- Based on input from national AHFTC programs and recent fellowship applicants
- Intended to level the playing field for both applicants and programs
- A standardized application process via ERAS (link)
- A uniform Match Day. Applicants will be notified where their fellowship will be (there will be no program offers or fellowship acceptances)
- Eliminates potential pressure to sign early with a program that might not be one’s first choice
- Flexibility for programs to commit early to their internal applicants. However, program cannot expect a reciprocal response (ex. coercive)
- All listed training positions are ACGME certified
Guidance for Programs – ERAS (July 2020 Cycle)
Cost to individual Programs:
- Institution registration fee $250 (already paid if has cardiology match or any other subspecialty NRMP match )
- Cost to individual Programs: $120 for each matched applicant,
ERAS for Participating Programs – Home Page
ERAS provides a centralized, but flexible solution to the residency application and documents distribution process.
ERAS Community Site will be your go-to place to connect with other members, ask advice, and share expertise about all things about the Program Director’s Workstation (PDWS). To access this site, users must have an AAMC account and granted access to an ERAS program. The program’s Designated Institutional Official (DIOs) is responsible for granting access to the program users.
Guidance for Applicants – ERAS (July 2020 Cycle)
Cost to applicants: $80 for up to 100 programs
ERAS for Fellowship Applicants – Home Page
Advice/Guidance for Applicants:
- If you have mutual binding commitment with a specific AHFTC fellowship program, do not submit as ERAS application or engage in the process described
Need ERAS Assistance? If you need additional guidance, you may contact the ERAS HelpDesk by calling 202-828-0413.