The Heart Failure Society of America (HFSA) respects the privacy of its members and website visitors. The HFSA website collects data only to better serve members and other users of our website.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY HFSA
Individual information, including contact information and demographics, is gathered from members, customers, education users, conference registrants and others. To gain access to members-only areas and personalized features on the website, users must join HFSA and provide individual information. Information submitted online may be used for other HFSA marketing uses, such as email and mail notifications of upcoming events that match the interests you provide us. Data are submitted voluntarily.
DISCLOSURES TO THIRD PARTIES
HFSA will not sell or rent information gathered from website access to anyone except when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you requested; or
- We need to send the information to companies working on behalf of HFSA to provide a product or service.
- When required to do so (i) by law, (ii) to comply with legal processes or governmental requests, (iii) to enforce our Terms and Conditions, or (iv) to protect the rights, property, or safety of HFSA, its users or the public.
- On occasion, HFSA may also provide limited data to third parties that offer related products and services. These limited data include names, job titles, companies and business addresses, but do not include business phone numbers or business fax. Users may request HFSA to refrain from disclosing the data it collects to third parties by contacting HFSA at email@example.com or (301) 312-8635 to express their preferences if they determine later that they do not wish to have the information shared.
Companies that receive personal information from HFSA in order to execute the businesses of HFSA may use personal information only for that purpose.
CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT INFORMATION
HFSA does not disclose credit card account information provided by its members and customers. When members and customers choose to pay using their credit cards, HFSA submits only the information needed to obtain payment to the appropriate clearinghouse. Credit card information is not saved nor maintained in any HFSA database and therefore cannot be used for any additional purpose other than the original purchase.
LINKS TO NON-HFSA SITES
Please note that the HFSA site contains links to other websites. HFSA is not responsible for the privacy practices, privacy statements, or content regarding these other sites.