HFSA Committee Descriptions & Call for Nominations: NOW CLOSED
HFSA members are encouraged to either apply or nominate a colleague for
committee membership to help lead HFSA activities.
The following HFSA committees had openings September 2012:
If interested in being considered, please provide a brief paragraph
outlining your experience and qualifications. Also, please identify which
committee(s) you are interested in serving on. A curriculum vitae and a letter of
reference from an HFSA member is required. Please e-mail information
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for September
2012 committee openings was June 1, 2012.
All applications will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee.
Individuals recommended will be brought to Council for review and
approval. Individuals selected will be notified in August 2012.
Only applications from current HFSA members will be considered.
Send materials to:
Heart Failure Society of America
5425 Wisconsin Avenue - Suite 600
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
or E-mail the submission to:
- Advocacy Committee: Supporting policies that
improve the care and outcomes of patients with heart failure
and promote policies that will favor preventive programs.
- Corporate Affairs Committee: To develop meaningful
participatory roles for our corporate members relating to the
scientific affairs of the HFSA.
- NEW - Early Career/Trainee Committee: To promote interest and careers of
trainees and early career individuals through education, networking opportunities,
and fostering communication among trainees.
- Education Committee: Develop, monitor and evaluate
HFSA's overall educational programs; and review CME programs
submitted by organizations seeking endorsement from the HFSA.
- Membership Committee: Identify and develop HFSA's membership
goals and activities for maintaining and building membership.
- Nominating Committee: This committee is charged with proposing a slate of
nominees for officers, Executive Council, committee members and chairs.
- Publications Committee: Responsible for analyzing and
reviewing the contents to ensure a high level of quality of
publications of the HFSA.
- Quality of Care Committee: Develop programs which will promote
the use of certain standards of care for patients with HF and to improve
the delivery of cardiovascular health care to all patients.
- Research Committee: Responsible for oversight and/or
development of research activities in the area of heart failure for the Society,
including evaluation of the heart failure grants to young investigator.