Revised November 2017
A copy of these guidelines and application can be downloaded here.
For educational programs to be considered for HFSA endorsement, CME activities must have the following:
- A substantial focus on heart failure
- Sponsorship by an ACCME-accredited provider
- A chair/co-chair (preferred) or member of the planning committee who is an HFSA member
- An endorsement fee of $250 (charge will only be made to approved programs)
Applications generally come from academic or healthcare institutions. However, applications from for-profit or non-profit companies will be considered.
HFSA reserves the right to refuse or reject endorsement requests that it deems to be inconsistent with its mission or that conflicts in some other way with its interests. HFSA will not consider endorsement of a program with dates that directly compete with scheduled HFSA developed and supported programs. Please refer to the HFSA website www.hfsa.org/events_education/ for a listing of current programs.
Endorsement Application and Materials
The following materials must be submitted for consideration:
- Completed HFSA Endorsement Application
- Letter or email documenting requirements 1-3 above have been met
- Draft program including proposed faculty
- Needs assessment and learning objectives
- Draft evaluation form (or a copy of previous year’s form)
- Endorsement fee (charge will only be made to approved programs)
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed for endorsement.
Endorsement Review and Approval Process
Endorsement requests should be submitted to Jessica Deering at firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete requests are reviewed by the HFSA EVP of CME & Educational Programs and the CME Subcommittee of the Education Committee. The review process takes up to 30 business days.
Endorsed programs agree to provide HFSA the following:
- HFSA is provided one complimentary registration to event.
- HFSA is provided a complimentary table to share membership and educational materials at event.
- HFSA is provided post conference attendee list for two-time use for distribution of HFSA membership and educational information (within 30 days of program to include both email and mailing addresses).
Endorsement Post-Program Follow-up
Endorsed programs are required to submit the following materials to HFSA after the activity:
- Sample announcement and handout, showing speaker disclosure information
- Evaluation summary
- Number of attendees, categorized by physicians vs. non-physicians
- Post conference attendee list for two-time use for distribution of HFSA membership and educational information (within 30 days of program to include both email and mailing address)
If these materials are not submitted to HFSA, future endorsement of the program will not be made.
Benefits Provided to Endorsed Program from HFSA
Endorsed programs will receive the following benefits from HFSA:
- HFSA logo for use in publications, program brochure, program website and promotional materials. The logo should appear with the phrase “Endorsed by” and should be comparable in size to the logos of other endorsing organizations.
- Endorsed program will be listed on the events section of the HFSA website at hfsa.org/events/.
- Endorsed program details will be posted to HFSA’s social media accounts (Twitter and Facebook).
The HFSA member list is available for purchase for $299. The list can be used for marketing and promotion of the endorsed program. For more information about the purchase of the HFSA member list, please contact email@example.com.
The fee for HFSA endorsement is $250 per program. Complete the credit card payment section on the application form. The endorsement fee will be charged upon approval of program endorsement. Programs that are not approved for endorsement by HFSA will not be charged the fee.
For additional information about the endorsement guidelines or process, please contact Jessica Deering at 301-312-8635 ext. 228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.