CME Activity Endorsement Guidelines 2009
(Revised March, 2013)
A copy of these guidelines can be downloaded here.
In order to be considered for HFSA endorsement, CME activities must have the following:
- A substantial focus on heart failure
- Sponsorship by an ACCME-accredited provider
- A chair/co-chair (preferred) or member of the planning committee who is an HFSA member
The following materials must be submitted with the application:
- A letter or email documenting that requirements 1-3 have been met
- A draft program
- A brief needs assessment and learning objectives
- A draft evaluation form (or copy of previous year’s form)
The Endorsement Process
Requests should be submitted to Jaime Abreu at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests are reviewed by the HFSA EVP of CME & Education and the CME Subcommittee of the Education Committee. The review process normally takes 3-5 business days.
Materials to be Submitted Following the Activity
- A sample announcement and handout, showing speaker disclosure information
- An evaluation summary
- Number of attendees, categorized by physicians vs. non-physicians
Applications generally come from academic or health care institutions. However, applications from for-profit or non-profit companies will be considered.
HFSA reserves the right to not endorse any activity that it deems to be inconsistent with its mission or that conflicts in some other way with its interests.
An HFSA logo will be provided to use in marketing materials. The logo should appear with the phrase “Endorsed by” and should be comparable in size to the logos of other endorsing organizations.
An HFSA member list is available for mailing at a reduced rate for endorsed activities. Contact email@example.com for further information. Endorsed activities will be listed under the Education heading on this website.